Blue Moon (I)


Oradea' s Fortress, December 12, 2008

In December 2008 we celebrate 40 years since Earth was photographed for the first time from space during Apollo 8 mission.
In this context, I held an interdisciplinary activity Blue Moon that brought together scince and arts.
I gave my first powerpoint presentation of Apollo program, India soon launched Chandrayaan 1 satelite, and NASA's satelites LCROSS and LRO will launch next year, Constelattion program. My second powerpoint presentation was about the American students' projects.
Romanian students designed and built lunar beses, and later they observed the sky with the naked eye and the telescope.
The activity included also an exhibition of projects of the students from Northside Middle Scool Greenwood, South Carolina, USA, led by teacher Franklin Mitchell and paintings of students from Oradea and Stei.